When June 2015 starts the 2nd Year MBA students at SIBM, Pune will get an opportunity to complete 4 credits at Nanyang Technological University’s – Nanyang Business School. This was decided during my visit to NTU Singapore this month , ie March 2015
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a global university on a rapid rise. Ranked 39th in the world, it is also the world’s top young elite university. NTU is a vibrant hub for learning and a hotbed for research at the confluence of the most important disciplines.
There is a wide variety of rankings for business schools. Each assessment uses a different set of criterion, polls different audiences and measures various aspects of a programme. The Financial Times and The Economist each publishes an annual ranking of full-time MBA programmes across the world, providing valuable tools for prospective students, recruiters and business schools. Both have consistently ranked our Nanyang Business School’s MBA programme as one of the best in Asia.
The Economist MBA ranking (October 2014)
- The Nanyang MBA was ranked 66th among The Economist’s list of the world’s top 100 MBA programmes.
- It was the fourth best placing by an Asian business school. Since 2004, the Nanyang MBA has consistently been rated among Asia’s top 10 MBA programmes and the best in Singapore.
Financial Times MBA ranking (January 2015)
- The Nanyang MBA was ranked 40th in the Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking.
- It has been ranked within the Financial Times’ global top 40 every year since 2009.
Financial Times EMBA ranking (October 2014)
- Nanyang Business School’s Executive MBA (EMBA) programme was ranked 8th in the Financial Times’ ranking of the world’s top 100 EMBA programmes.
- It was the second best placing in the world and the best in Singapore among single-university programmes.
It will be a real boon for those at SIBM,Pune who opt to do 4 credits at NTU’s NBS , and transfer the same to SIBM, Pune.
Dr R Raman
Director – SIBM Pune