For Ramanathan Narayan- MD and CEO and founder of 4R Recycling, the act of recycling is beyond just the literal meaning. To him recycling is “mining above the ground”. Recycling to him means:
- to keep hazardous waste away from dumping grounds, which adds to the scare of ill health.
- To keep ground water unpolluted.
- Help avoid air pollution due to “informal” recycling agencies.
- Conserving energy by recycling instead of mining for metals underground.
- Journey from product to raw material.
- Journey towards a greener and healthier universe
Mr.Ramanathan Narayan has handled a wide range of roles over the last two decades. Prior to co-founding 4R Recycling, he was Sr. Vice President Supply Chain at Tejas Networks, responsible for manufacturing operations. Mr.Ramanathan Narayan is also the Treasurer of the Hubli-based Deshpande Educational Trust and Deshpande Foundation, a sandbox creating an eco-system of innovators to address social challenges and sustainable social entrepreneurship in India.
Mr.Ramanathan Narayan interacted with the MBA (I&E) students at SIBM Pune and shared deep insights in finance, investment, sustainability
Dr R Raman
Director – SIBM Pune
Dean – Faculty of Management – SIU